Since 1958, Duropal® has been a world leader in the manufacture of decorative high-pressure laminates (HPL). Throughout the 1960s Duropal® was at the forefront of technological development in the industry, including the first industrial scale application of urea resins for gluing HPL to chipboard; the recognised standard in use today. In 1969, the present day Arnsberg site was acquired and developed. The reputation for creative innovation was reinforced throughout the 1970’s with the introduction of the 4.1 metre length press and new textures. Commitment to the UK market was secured by the opening of an office in Gerrards Cross in 1977. Innovation grew with new investment in the 1980’s through the acquisition of a majority shareholding by Pfleiderer. The investment continued into the 1990’s with a new high capacity HPL press and the acquisition of the remaining shareholding of the original Duropal-Werk Eberhard Wrede GmbH & Co. KG by Pfleiderer; then soon to become Pfleiderer AG.
Our strategic relationship with Duropal is historic and longstanding. Our first collaborated success historically was in the 1980s when we first introduced postforming HPL (laminates and doors) in the Hong Kong (and later, China) market. To date, Duropal’s high quality and trendy products are one of our most popular items with designers in Greater China.